Next: Future Plans
Up: Current Status of the
Some of the problems encountered during this study have included:
- Needle form calcite can sometimes look like
aragonite so I need to await XRD analysis before
deciding what it is!
- Not being able to fit into some parts of caves said to
- Some speleothems are a mixture of calcite and aragonite.
- Some of the bedrock material is surprisingly hard.
Special techniques may be required in some cases to get
samples without making an obvious mark.
This is important where the site is part of a tourist cave
display or it is an important conservation site.
- Sometimes caving collegues fall asleep, get bored, cold or