Up: Project Report for MSc.
Previous: Problems Encountered
My plans for the future of this project include:
- Concentrate on the following caves as case studies:
- Wombeyan: Sigma Cave
- Bungonia: Flying Fortress Cave
- Jenolan Caves: Wiburds Lake Cave and Contact Cave
- Walli Caves: Piano Cave
- Obtain cave maps or survey and draw them as required
- Obtain samples of aragonite, matrix and bedrock
- Analyse precipitating fluids associated with aragonite deposits.
- Attend course in X-ray analysis, SEM and sample preparation
- Analyse samples for aragonite and trace elements
- Measure temperature, CO2
and humidity in the caves to see if
there is any correlation with the presence of aragonite.
- Study thin sections of bedrock and matrix (in prep.)
- Carbon - Oxygen isotope analysis will also need to be done.
- It has been suggested that I should also look for possible evidence
of microbial activity associated with aragonite.